5 Sexy Superfoods to Try Now
There's a lot of hype over 'superfoods' on the web, on blogs and in the media, which excites me! It means people are starting to pay attention to what they are consuming, and really seeking out the most nutritionally dense foods possible. I can geek out over so many different superfood options available, but I've decided to list the top 5 I recommend my clients.
1. Blueberries - not only are they delicious, but they are rich in antioxidants (AKA slows down the aging process). They're rich in fiber and vitamin C = keeps you slim! I put berries in smoothies, or eat them for a midday snack. And when I'm feeling extra fun, I put them in pancakes.
2. Maca - it's a root vegetable found in Peru, you can buy it in powder form and add it to your smoothies! It's amazing for balancing hormones, increasing energy levels, and amping up your libido. It's high in zinc (amazing for your skin) and in B vitamins. Every stylish woman needs maca in her life!
3. Turmeric - Indian culture is big on turmeric, and we ought to take a page out of their recipe book! One of the well-known benefits of this tiny root vegetable is its anti-inflammatory properties. But what's even more promising is the anti-cancer properties, and its ability to boost the immune system. I use turmeric on everything from eggs, in herb rubs for meat, and in curry dishes.
4. Spirulina - don't get freaked out, but spirulina is actually a type of blue-green algae. Funky, huh? But here's why you need to eat it: it's rich in protein, B vitamins, manganese, zinc, selenium, antioxidants and carotenoids, which helps repair cell damage. It also contains essential fatty acids. You have to get spirulina from a trusted brand, however, and the easiest way to consume it is to get a superfood green powder at a local health food store and add a scoop to your smoothies (with the blueberries)!
5. Matcha - step aside green tea, matcha is here to party. Matcha is a green powder that you can add to drinks or smoothies, and has a powerful level of antioxidants, in fact, its higher than goji berries, walnuts, blueberries (matcha has 14x more than blueberries!) on the ORAC scale. Matcha boosts your metabolism and promotes weight loss. PanaTEA is an awesome brand that is making matcha tea cool, so check them out here.
Try these delicious superfood recipes for a slimmer waistline and glowing skin!
SPIRULINA ICE CREAM (swap out the agave for maple syrup or MANUKA HONEY)
APHRODISIAC MACA SMOOTHIE (SWAP OUT AGAVE FOR MAPLE SYRUP OR MANUKA HONEY)
EXOTIC PROTEIN SMOOTHIE (with maca + blueberries)
Try one of these yummy recipes today!
Big crazy delicious love,